- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Very good attention to detail.
- Conceptual skills and ability to conduct independent research, identify issues and summarize diverse information.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Good understanding of the UN's mission and organizational set-up.