工作地点：Bangkok 截止日期：09 May , 2021
Org. Setting and Reporting
The Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs – Department of Peace Operations (DPPA-DPO) internship is for two to six months depending on host office needs and candidate availability.
The internship is in the Bangkok Liaison Office, Southeast Asia Team, Asia and the Pacific Division, DPPA-DPO. The Office is hosted by the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) in Bangkok.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the division or office to which they are assigned.
The intern will assist the DPPA-DPO, Asia-Pacific Division, Southeast Asia Team, Liaison Office in Bangkok with the following tasks (not exhaustive):
-Research on regional peace and security issues;
-Media monitoring and analysis of current events and thematic issues;
-Drafting background documents and correspondence;
-Assist in the organization of workshops and other events; etc.
The United Nations Core Competencies include:
- Communication: Ability to draft clearly and concisely, good written and oral language skills.
- Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from different national and cultural backgrounds to achieve organizational goals.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
-are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme,
although previous voluntary and/or internship experience in related fields is desirable;
-shall be highly computer literate in standard software applications;
-have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal
commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
-have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural
backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing
opinions and views.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in spoken and written English is required for the internship. Knowledge of additional Southeast Asian languages is an asset.
A written test may be administered, followed by an interview.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Degree Programme (What are you currently studying or what have you studied)
- Graduation date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
- List of the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in
- List of your top three areas of interest
- Explanation about why you are the most suitable candidate for this specific internship
- Explanation of your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Please note that due to the large number of applicants, divisions are not in a position to reply to each application and that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further consideration.