Global Compact Internships, I (Temporary Job Opening)
Department of Operational Support
工作地点：New York 截止日期：06 December , 2020
Org. Setting and Reporting
The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact Office is the UN entity responsible for the overall management and coordination of the Global Compact initiative, including the management of the Global Compact’s name and logo, and the Global Compact Integrity Measures.
The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives:
(1) making the Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and
(2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
To promote its 10 principles, the Global Compact also undertakes work on a range of corporate sustainability issues. Official UN Global Compact internships are offered for a minimum of 3 months, with a possibility of extension to 6 months. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a relevant staff member of the UN Global Compact.
Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Conduct research relating to the topic of corporate sustainability;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaise with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate sustainability topics;
- Support the organization of meetings and events;
- Assist with outreach activities;
- Handle email and other inquiries;
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
Learn more about different teams you could join in the Global Compact:
When you apply for your UN Global Compact internship on Inspira, and as a requirement, PLEASE STATE IN YOUR COVER LETTER THE TEAM(S) you would have a preference to work with, and the reasons as to WHY you are the best candidate (Failure to do so may put you at a disadvantage from other applicants). Also please state when is your earliest availability to start the internship. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
- Communication: - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively - Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately - Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication- Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience - Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Teamwork: - Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals - Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others - Places team agenda before personal agenda - Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings;
- Client Orientation: - Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view - Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect- Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions - Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems - Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects - Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation; Field of study to be preferably in political science, history, international relations, law or a related field; Be computer literate in standard software applications; Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and Have demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language, such as Arabic or French, is an advantage.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly and may be required to submit for a written test and/or telephone interview.
Please note that the UN New York offices are partially physically closed due to COVID-19 pandemic. Please do NOT plan plan or initiate any travel or report to UNHQ until you are told to report in writing. We also ask that you be prepared to work remotely for the duration of your internship if our offices remain physically closed to non-essential workers.
Interns are not financially remunerated by the United Nations. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institutions. For internships in the United States of America, interns who are not United States citizens, permanent residents or not currently in the United States on a nonimmigrant visa status will be required to obtain a G-4 visa. If already in the United States of America on another non-immigrant visa status other than G-4, interns will be responsible for ensuring that they have a valid visa, and if required, employment authorization, allowing them to undertake the internship.
A complete online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. To complete an online application, please create and complete a personal history profile (PHP) and a cover letter in the UN e-Recruitment system (careers.un.org). Please ensure that you indicate your proficiency in the English language in your PHP. Please note that incomplete applications with not be reviewed.
Please note that due to high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.