Location : Beijing, CHINA
Application Deadline : 23-Mar-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English Chinese
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 13-Apr-2020
Duration of Initial Contract : 3-6 months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 months
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) China is the China country office of the United Nations Development Programme – the global development network of the United Nations. UNDP China has an extensive history in working in the area of poverty reduction and human development and it also increasingly engages in South-South cooperation projects. For more information please see:http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home.and http://www.cn.undp.org/.With the increasing needs of HR services to UNDP and other UN organizations in China, an intern is requested to assist the HR team to ensure high quality and consistent service delivery. The HR intern will be expected to promote a client-oriented result and in consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the HR Officer, the intern is expected to perform the following responsibilities:Providing support to recruitment process including supporting vacancy announcements/job posting, screening of candidates, assisting in interview arrangements and preparing interview minutes
Assisting in consolidating and categorizing HR related documents
Providing logistic support to daily HR management, including routine correspondences drafting and meeting arrangement
Assisting in the collection and preparation of cost-recovery bills for HR services
Internship Management including induction, knowledge sharing sessions, separation and exit survey analysis
Assisting in organizing HR-related events, including new staff orientation and farewell party
Facilitate the intern stipend payment approval process
Arranging relevant intern training activities
Other duties as assigned
Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
Self- motivated and be responsible
Strong service and client orientation
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software package (MS Excel, Word, etc.) .
Fluent in both written and oral English
Full computer literacy
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
· Enrolled in a Master's or in a PhD programme
· In the final year of a Bachelor’s programme;
· Or within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD programme,
· Or be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program
· Majors in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Management or other related fields. An advanced university degree is an asset.
· Experience in HR would be an advantage.
Language and Skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software package (MS Excel, Word, etc.) and web management system.
Please submit your application with below documents in one PDF, For people who apply from UNDP Jobs, please note that the system will not accept the uploading of more than one document so please merge or scan all your documents into one prior to uploading.
a) CV and letter of motivation
b) Copy of school transcript
c) Indicate if you will be financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation or scholarship programme, and the financial amount.
*Candidate who didn’t submit required documentation will not be under considerate of the selection processes.
· Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan and medical certificate of good health prior to starting the internship. Any cost arising from accidents and illness incurred during an internship assignment will be the responsibility of the intern.
· The stipend will be paid monthly. Interns will have 1.5 days of leave per month.
· Interns are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed; Cost and arrangement for travel, visas, passports, accommodations and living expenses are the responsibility of the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or the intern.
· Intern must not apply for or be appointed to a position that should be encumbered by a staff number during the period of their internship. Interns are expected to fulfil the terms of their internships. Therefore, the internship must not be foreshortened for the purposes of allowing an intern to apply for a position
· Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.