Intern - Social Sectors and Public Sector Management Division, PARD - 2020-21
|Division||Social Sectors and Public Sector Management Division, PARD|
|Location||Asian Development Bank Headquarters|
|Date Posted||Saturday, November 30, 2019|
|Closing Date||Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:"Realizing economic benefits in digital health."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:The internship topic is linked to the project "Introducing eGovernment through Digital Health" comprising a $7.5 million grant to the Government of Tonga to roll-out a digital health solution to all hospitals and health facilities in Tonga. The intern will look at the jriginal economic analysis done prior to project approval, adjustments to the project made following the request for proposals and engagement of vendor to deliver a digital health solution and seek to assess the actual economic benefits delivered. The economic benefits should be broadly defined, and social benefits should be specifically considered with gender related analysis. The task will involve assessing the methodology used, looking at best practice methodology (within and outSide ADB), and recommending improvements to ADB's approach to better estimate benefits from digital health. Lessons should be drawn as to how this project may be used as a pilot for other countries.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
Duration: 8-26 weeks
Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:A knowledge product that highlights the methodology to be used for the economic assessment of a digital health project, analysis on economic benefits achieved to date and recommendations to ensure ongoing achievement of benefits and analyses of gender benefits.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in health, economics.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Any experience with digital health or analysis of economic benefit realization would be highly regarded.An understanding of, or interest in small island economies.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).