Intern - Human and Social Development Division, SARD - 2020-25
|Department||South Asia Department|
|Division||Human and Social Development Division, SARD|
|Location||Asian Development Bank Headquarters|
|Date Posted||Saturday, November 30, 2019|
|Closing Date||Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:"A study on strategies and policies to foster university industry linkages in South Asia."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:The objective of this internship position is to review the policies and practices in South Asian countries' universities in promoting industry relevant research and development activities. Industry linkages and industry relevant R&D activities in universities in Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Sri Lanka are constrained by outdated government policies, lack of funding, restrictive regulations, and lack of incentives. This study will review the current status and key issues in the selected South Asian country universities and develop recommendations for ADB to facilitate close linkage between education, economy, and knowledge production in the countries, benchmarking successful countries. For the purpose, the internship position will (1) develop theoretical and policy frameworks from the case studies and carry out case studies covering 2 to 3 South Asian countries, (2) carry out bench mark studies of successful policies and practices; (3) provide recommendations for South Asian countries and propose policy strategy for ADB's intervention in the region.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
Duration: 8-12 weeks
Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:A final paper (max. 20 pages) and a presentation / seminar.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in economics, public policies/public administration, business administration, education or other related discipline.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Experience in working in developing countries / understanding of developing country context would be preferred.Prior experience in similar research on higher education governance, policy, performance in different countries is preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).