Intern - Private Sector Investment Funds & Special Initiatives Division - 2020-23
|Department||Private Sector Operations Department|
|Division||Private Sector Investment Funds & Special Initiatives Div|
|Location||Asian Development Bank Headquarters|
|Date Posted||Saturday, November 30, 2019|
|Closing Date||Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:"Delivering Development Impact through Private Equity Fund Investments."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Assist in live deal processing as required
Conduct market mapping of private equity, venture capital and impact fund managers by region across Asia
Develop a framework for measuring development impact in private equity funds in conjunction with PSOD's development effectiveness staff and Office of Risk Management
Streamline portfolio monitoring process to improve efficiency
Other deliverables as required
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
Duration: 8-26 weeks
Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Produce a report on the venture capital and impact funds landscape in Asia, and recommend top 10 funds that ADB should support explaining the reason.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in finance, accounting, or related field.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Prior private equity, investment banking or consulting experience preferred. Candidate has to be analytical, detail oriented, and able to efficiently multi-task.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).