Intern - Office of the Auditor General - 2020-26
|Department||Office of the Auditor General|
|Division||Office of the Auditor General|
|Location||Asian Development Bank Headquarters|
|Date Posted||Saturday, November 30, 2019|
|Closing Date||Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:"Application of Advance Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence in Internal Audit."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) needs an intern to explore feasible applications of advanced data analytical techniques and artificial intelligence in performance of internal audit activities in OAG. This will include building working prototypes demonstrating the sources of information or data, the processing of information and the potential uses of the output. The application may support internal audit activities around planning, execution of internal audit engagements, or mining existing databases within OAG.
The intern will work with different members of OAG in identifying the area to be supported by the prototypes.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
Duration: 8-26 weeks
Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
OutputA working prototype demonstrating the feasibility of adopting high-level technologies and data analytics techniques, such as artificial intelligence or machine learning technologies, to support specific internal audit activities.
OutcomesAssist OAG in determining whether advanced data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies could be used to expand the current applications in internal audit work.
Assist OAG in developing new prototypes for different applications of advanced data analytics and artificial intelligence in internal audit work.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program with specialization in Computer Science, Data Science, Finance, or other relevant applied science.Preference for specialization in artificial intelligence or machine learning.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Hands-on experience in developing, testing, and using artificial intelligence or machine learning technologies for cognitive analysis. Familiarity with internal audit is a plus. Familiar with tools such as Python, R and SQL.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).