Intern - Office of the Chief Economist and Director General, ERCD - 2020-19
|Department||Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department|
|Division||Office of the Chief Economist and Director General, ERCD|
|Location||Asian Development Bank Headquarters|
|Date Posted||Saturday, November 30, 2019|
|Closing Date||Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)|
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:"Assisting ADB field-based micro studies."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:The intern will be assigned to a field study in one of the areas related to ADB operations and Strategy 2030 based on the ERCD's research needs. The assignment will consist of generating a study proposal, conducting literature review, (partial) micro-data gathering from the field, analysis of the field and existing data sets, and report writing for the assigned study. It is expected that the intern will produce a draft paper under the guidance of the ADB staff of the assigned study team by the end of the internship and will continue involved in the project until the publication of at least one ADB report.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
Duration: 8-13 weeks
Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:Under the guidance of the ADB staff of the assigned team, the intern is expected to
develop a research proposal which will use micro-data from the field,
conduct literature review, data analysis, and report writing for the assigned study,
complete a draft paper, and
present the paper in a seminar
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in development economics or relevant social science fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Extensive knowledge of econometric and statistical approaches
Experience in conducting data analysis
Proficiency in statistical and mathematical programming software such as STATA, R and Python
Has excellent writing and presentation skills
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).