工作地点：New York 截止日期：30 December , 2019
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UN Environment is the United Nations system's designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level.
The internship is for a period of six (6) months. It is unpaid and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35-40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Under the supervision of the Head of Communications, New York Office:
-Curate and produce digital content on UN Environment New York events and special events for UN Environment New York social media channels, including articles on news related to the work of UN Environment in New York, multimedia for use in connection with social media posts to boost UN Environment New York’s visibility and reach
-Assist in producing communication products for events organized by UN Environment in New York including and not limited to infographics, flyers, posters, banners, videos and others
-Assist in planning and organization of key UN Environment events and activities in UN Headquarters
-Ensure that UN Environment New York website is updated regularly with new stories and events
-Assist with outreach and media for events organized by UN Environment in New York, including the organization of press briefings and conferences
-When required, attend and summarize key discussions on meetings at UN Headquarters, including meetings organized by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), Security Council and UN missions in New York.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication;
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately;
- Asks questions for clarification and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Willing to learn from others;
- Places office agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
- Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings
-Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view
-Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect
-Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions
-Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems
-Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects
-Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a. be enrolled in a graduate school programme in journalism, communication, media studies, information technology, political science, international relations, analytics or related field (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
(b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme in journalism, communication, media studies, information technology, political science, international relations, analytics or related field (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(c) have graduated with a university degree in communication, media studies, journalism, information technology, political science, international relations, analytics or related field (as defined in (a) or (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation.
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme. However, experience in summarizing and writing documents related to environmental issues is highly desirable. Familiarity with main social media platforms, including UN Environment and UN social media platforms and experience and ability to shape documents for different audiences would be considered an asset.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is essential. Knowledge of official United Nations languages such as Spanish and French is an asset.
Potential candidates will be contacted by hiring manager directly for further consideration.
Your application for this internship must include:
1. A Completed application (Personal History Profile) through the UN careers Portal. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. In your Personal History Profile (PHP), be sure to include all past work experiences, IT Skills, and three references.
2. Proof of enrollment (click on link to access and attach to your application: http://unon.org/content/internship-programme),
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in using, and Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship and what you hope to gain from the internship.
3. A certified copy of degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
Due to a high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.